Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The CCHS Alumni Association inducted women's tennis coach Mary Ann Dey and tennis doubles partners Brian Cowman '97 and Ryan Boward '98 into the Sports Hall of Fame on October 18, 2019.
The CCHS Alumni Association Hall of Fame was developed to help recognize individuals or groups who have excelled as student athletes, coaches, alumni volunteers, or advocates for CCHS, and who have demonstrated a commitment to the ideals of Charlotte Catholic High School, the Catholic faith, and the community.
The Hall of Fame Award has three areas of emphasis within the award: Sports, Alumni, and Advocate. Nominations and supporting information are accepted from family, friends, alumni, and other community resources. It is the responsibility of the person(s) making the nomination to gather the information and submit it with the nomination packet.
The selection process and guidelines are as follows:
- Once nominated, candidates stay active in consideration for a period of five years.
- There is a limit of five inductees per year.
- Nomination to the Hall of Fame may include living or deceased candidates.
- Those making nominations do not need to be alumni.
- A period of ten years must have elapsed after graduation before any student-athlete or team is eligible for consideration. For coaches and staff, a period of ten years must have elapsed since they started coaching the sport for which they are nominated.
- Teams will be counted as one nomination/selection.
- For a team to be considered eligible for selection, the team must at a minimum have won its conference championship, in addition to extra-ordinary accomplishments, such as winning a state championship.
- Nomination packets must be received by the deadline posted on the alumni page website to be considered for the selection for that year.
- Award recipients will be notified in August.
- Nomination forms can be downloaded below.