2019 Alumni Basketball Tournament
Alumni Basketball Tournament
Format and Rules
- The tournament format will be determined by the number of teams registered (two-game minimum for all teams)
- Teams registering for “non-competitive” tournament will play a round-robin format
- All games are played full-court
- All games consist of two 15-minute halves
- Halftime is five minutes long
- Each team gets two 30-second and two 60-second time-outs
- High school rules apply
- The clock will run except for injuries, time-outs, and foul shots. The clock will stop on all whistles during the last minute of each half
- If a team’s lead exceeds 20 points, the clock will run continuously (during injuries and foul shots, but time-outs still may be taken)
- TIEBREAKER: If the tournament format is round-robin pool play followed by bracket play, and pool play ends with 2 teams tied, the tiebreaker is as follows:
- Head to head
- Point differential (team who won by most points)
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the first game to check in. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to all other games. We have many games to fit into a tight schedule, and it’s best for all participants if we stay on time.
All player participation fees must be paid in full in order to play. All players must be CCHS alumni and on the team roster prior to the first game in order to play. Players may not be added to the roster once tournament play begins.
Brackets are released on the Monday prior to the tournament.
Reversible, numbered jerseys are preferred. Loaner jerseys are available for use, but must be returned when players leave the building.
Concessions (water, sports drinks, sodas, and healthy snacks) will be available for purchase at the tournament.