Special Testing Dates
Please see below for a guide to standardized testing. If you have questions, please reach out to a Learning Support Specialist.
For a List of Accommodations for SAT, ACT or In School click here
These dates are for students with accommodations that require Special Testing ONLY
Charlotte Catholic High School will be offering Special Testing on the following dates:
School Based Special Testing for SAT:
November 5, 2022
March 11, 2023
Special Testing dates for ACT,
September 10, 2022
February 11, 2023
Please do not register for a test at Charlotte Catholic on any date.
Quick Guide to the Right Test
Testing With Accommodations Vs Special Testing
There are 2 types of testing with accommodations. Students may have approved accommodations on standardized tests BUT MAY NOT be eligible for "Special Testing".
Testing With Accommodations
If the student receives 50% extra time on sections of the ACT or SAT, and/or a large print text book and/or large block answer sheet (often stated as no bubbles/ Scantron) they will likely take their test during regular testing at a national test center and receive accommodations through Regular Testing with Accommodations.
- Charlotte Catholic High School is a National Test Center for SAT BUT NOT FOR ACT . CCHS offers the regular SAT and Special Testing SAT.
- Students with Special Testing accommodations CANNOT use these accommodations at CCHS regular testing dates.
- Students with regular testing accommodations CANNOT use their accommodations on a special testing date.
- CCHS does not offer the regular ACT. If you have regular testing with accommodations, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE THE ACT at Charlotte Catholic High School.
- CCHS offers the ACT Special Testing.
- If a student wishes to take the ACT or SAT outside of a CCHS testing window, the student can sign up at another test center, such as Myers Park, to take the test.
Upon registering for Special Testing through SAT or ACT, the student will be assigned to CCHS and the test will be directly administered through Learning Support.
Special Testing is for students who receive testing accommodations such as:
- MP3 Audio
- One to one testing
- Breaks as needed
- Testing in own room
- Extended breaks (not extended time)