Charlotte Catholic High School History
Charlotte Catholic High School is an outgrowth of an educational program that began in 1887 at St. Mary's Seminary, in what is now uptown Charlotte. In 1955 the school moved to a facility on Park Road (now Holy Trinity Catholic Middle School) and was given the name Charlotte Catholic High School by the Sisters of Mercy who served as teachers. In 1995 the school moved to a new and larger facility on Pineville-Matthews Road where it continues to thrive and be an integral part of the greater Charlotte community.
Charlotte Catholic High School is a fully accredited, co-ed, college preparatory, Catholic high school. Each day, we help our students develop a strong foundation of Catholic values through prayer, study, and outreach. Students see the value in a life of faith & service, carrying these principles with them throughout their lives.
Our rigorous and challenging curriculum is taught by top-notch faculty who use cutting-edge technology to ensure students are prepared to meet a progressive future.
Charlotte Catholic High School Mission
Charlotte Catholic High School is an educational community centered in the Roman Catholic faith, which teaches individuals to serve as Christians in our changing world
Charlotte Catholic High School Vision
Our Charlotte Catholic High School community seeks to inspire Christ-filled lives that are nourished by prayer, charity, and the sacraments, as well as committed to social justice and the dignity of all life, always recognizing the pursuit of academics as a revelation of God's truth.
Charlotte Catholic High School Beliefs
- Prayer, worship and reflection are essential in fostering the spiritual and moral development of our students, faculty and staff.
- Individuals should model and integrate the teachings of Jesus in all areas of their lives in order to nurture faith and inspire action, especially in the areas of service and charity.
- Teachers should set high academic expectations of performance while providing appropriate resources and challenges for all students.
- Our school should be a supportive, healthy and encouraging environment that recognizes the dignity, needs and uniqueness of all.
- Every member of our community should have opportunities to participate in, contribute to, and support Charlotte Catholic High School.