Our certified athletic trainers believe in the importance of preventing injuries, and our prevention strategy includes:
- Venue-specific emergency action plans
- Access to automatic external defibrillators
- A concussion management/return to play protocol that includes mandatory ImPACT baseline testing
- A heat acclimatization policy
- Hydration and nutrition instruction
Every student-athlete is required to have and maintain a NCHSAA physical examination (valid for one year from the date performed) by their primary care physician, clearing them to participate.