Fine Arts Department Overview
The Fine Arts Department grows each year through the freshmen classes. Students have a opportunity to experiment in the different disciplines. They may find that they have a hidden talent, given the encouragement to go to the next level or continue in a discipline that brings joy and satisfaction. All the Fine Arts disciplines join together each year with three Fine Arts Festivals and the annual school musical. Students experience "performance", whether it is on the stage, risers or a display on walls and tables.
- Band: Regular and Honors level Symphonic Band and Percussion Band offer students the opportunity to achieve and share their goals and talents with each other daily. The classes come together for concerts and Marching Band. Their love and commitment is expressed with their many after school rehearsals and performances. There is a special program in place that orchestra members from The Charlotte Symphony come to school and work sectionals with the students and also give some students a one-on-one private lesson. Jazz Band is also offered as an after school activity and has many requests for performances during the school year.
- Choral Music: Choral students begine with Freshmen Chorus, then may take Choral Ensemble or Honors Women Choirr, and ultimately are able to participate in Honors Choir or Honors Women Choir. The classes take multiple trips that inspire the students to work toward competition level. The Carnegie Hall Experience joins Honors students with other high school students from other states to perform in a world renown venue with a prestigious choral clinician while the Orlando Trip offers the students to "compete" three pre taught songs. They perform before other schools and three adjudicators and are graded on choral standards. They have the opportunity to place Gold or Silver and perhaps being chosen the overall Outstanding Choir with the highest grade.
- Dance: The Dance Classes offered at Charlotte Catholic include Introductory, Intermediate, and Jazzercise. The Introductory level class for freshman covers dance techniques including, jazz, ballet, modern and hip hop. Freshmen also are introduced to the basic building blocks of choreography skills, dance vocabulary and the history of dance. The Intermediate level class is for 10-12 grade and covers additional dance techniques such as lyrical, musical theater and pilates as part of a healthy living style. Choreography and research projects are also required at the intermediate level. This class focuses on enhancing dance technique to a performance level. Jazzercise is an aerobic workout class that focuses on repetitive dance movement, basic stretching and strengthening skills to encourage coordination and flexibility. Many of the dance classes perform at the Fine Arts festival.
- Photography: The photography curriculum offers the students an opportunity to learn the craft and skill of photography and place their work in the Charlotte-Meck Scholastic Arts Awards Competition. in which they can earn a Gold, Silver or Honorable Mention. The students also take their photographic skills to several unique levels.Their various works brighten up wall all around CCHS!
- Theatre: The Theatre Department trains students in many specialty areas: acting, play writing, set design and construction, stage lighting and sound and costume design, with the students having the opportunity to experience as many of the specialty areas as they are able. The highly motivated and gifted student may be placed in Honors Acting for their junior and senior year.
- Visual Art: The Visual Arts classes build upon themselves and offer the possibility for a student to have placement in the Honors Art classes by their senior year. Plans are bing made to offer Honors Art to outstanding students in the junior year as well. The students are given an opportunity to learn which discipline they are more interested: drawing, painting, pottery, design and sculpture. Many students 'works are entered in the Charlotte-Meck Scholastic Arts Awards Competition.